Fixed - Changed drive; fontcreator can't find itself

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
heathert

Fixed - Changed drive; fontcreator can't find itself

Post by heathert »

Hi all--

I'd installed the 7.0 FontCreator on my external hard drive, which was F:/ -- perhaps not the smartest thing to do, but I need space. However, I upgraded to a larger drive, which is now G:/ and even though everything is copied over from FontCreator 7.0, it gives me this message when I try to run it: "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another." The G:/ drive is working--I can access all my files on it, but I can't get this thing to run. It wouldn't even uninstall. I tried to run 6.5 which is still on my C:/ drive, but that's now giving me the same error message. Does anybody have any suggestions? Should I just download it and re-install on C:/, hoping it will overwrite and fix itself?

Thanks,
Heather
=)
Last edited by heathert on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeW

Re: Changed drive; fontcreator can't find itself

Post by MikeW »

Applications simply do not like being copied, and in most cases, application movers are also prone to error. Reinstall. And you may have to go so far as to put it back on your drive F and uninstall first.
heathert

Re: Changed drive; fontcreator can't find itself

Post by heathert »

Alrighty... thanks for the confirmation, Mike.
heathert

Re: Fixed - Changed drive; fontcreator can't find itself

Post by heathert »

Reinstalled (on C:/ alas), but all is well. Guess I'll just try deleting the files on G.