Update fails: signature check

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
gwideman

Update fails: signature check

Post by gwideman »

Hi folks,

FontCreator update is not working for me, and the "download from website" instruction is too vague.

I currently have FontCreator 7.0.1b458 installed (Windows 7-64, up-to-date).

When I attempt the Help > Check for Updates procedure, it offers 7.5.0.519, and says it's "strongly recommended". OK, so the "click here to download" link does cause downloading activity and progress bar, but when complete it presents "Update failed" and "error returned was Signature check failed (0x0000004)".

The error message suggests downloading the update from http://www.high-logic.com, but it's not evident on the site where to go to download the update from.

What do I do next? Thanks!

-- Graham
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Update fails: signature check

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You might want to wait for an official response from High-Logic, but AFAIK, your current license key for FC7 should be valid for FontCreator 7.5.0.519. This is the News Release for version 7.5.

A new version, FontCreator 8.0 was released today, so there might be some confusion with Autoupdate.

Take a look at my Review Page to learn about the new features in FontCreator 7.5 and FontCreator 8.0 before you decide which way to leap, or whether to stay where you are for now. Discount pricing on the upgrade from 7 to 8 runs until June 20th, so you have a few weeks to think about it.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
gwideman

Post by gwideman »

OK, I solved this by going to the "retrieve lost registration codes" page: http://www.high-logic.com/support/registrations.html which sent me an email containing not just the reg code (which I had already), but also the link to the most recent 7.x version download. That link points to an exe installer which ran and appears to have installed 7.5.0.519 OK. So, not sure what was up with the updater within 7.0.x.

-- Graham
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Ooops :oops: I forgot to update one of the settings of our backend which made it download the wrong installer, should work fine now!