thin and bold fonts line-up problem (no center alignment?)

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
kyonsiro

thin and bold fonts line-up problem (no center alignment?)

Post by kyonsiro »

Hello,
I created two fonts (regular & bold).
The reason of making two fonts is regular font's suppose to be inside font and bold should be the background fonts.

And then, I'm trying to overlap the two fonts together right on the top so that bold font shows up like outline.

The process i did was,
I duplicated the regular font set and each characters are replaced with bold characters (so that it can keep the exactly same kerning & metrics info). And I saved as ***BD.ttf.

The problem is, when each character's typed, the alignment is alway left, not the center. :cry:
Kerning is all correct. but the alignment of each characters isn't.
(the outline is so wide on the right side, no out line on the left)

Did I explain enough about my problem?

Thanks in advance.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Make sure you have the latest beta version of the program.

It is now very easy to create Outline fonts with the Glyph Transformer option. In the transform dialogue you move transformations that you wish to use into the right-hand window, and remove those you don't wish to use.

:arrow: Save your font with a new *.ttf name
:arrow: Use AutoNaming to rename the font
:arrow: Select the Hollow transformation
:arrow: Experiment with the settings for one selected character until you are satisfied. There is no undo, so you have to close without saving, and reopen your file each time.
:arrow: Apply the transformation to all characters.

I did this in a minute or two with the Serif version of Garamond.

It will take a lot of practice to get exactly the right effect, and each font will be different, but this feature has tremendous potential.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
kyonsiro

works !!

Post by kyonsiro »

it's working great !
The Metrics>Center Glyph in the "Transform wizard" was exactly what I was looking for. (the one in the beta version.)