Validation OK but installation failed

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
PaperMan13

Validation OK but installation failed

Post by PaperMan13 »

I've been working on FC for a little while now and have successfully created and installed two fonts. I've been making minor alterations to one of them a bit at a time, trying to make it look just right. So far, every adjustment, export, uninstall from Windows and reinstall from FC has worked perfectly.

After the last round, I ran validation and it came up fine; the OTF showed everything; but then I try to install it again, I get a simple error message that the "installation failed." I can't figure out what could be wrong with it, as nothing shows up in the validation, it is not currently installed (I checked the Windows font folder and tried to use it in a document) and a message telling me it can't be installed but not telling me why is not helpful.

The only thing I can see is tiny red markers on some of the off curves of a couple of the glyphs, but most of them were present before when the font installed just fine.

Frustrating as heck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Validation OK but installation failed

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Does the install work after a reboot?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
PaperMan13

Re: Validation OK but installation failed

Post by PaperMan13 »

Yes! Thanks. Windows 8.1 works so well for me that it hasn't crashed since I started using it in 2013, so I forget to reboot every so often to clear the memory.

I appreciate the help. I really love the software. :D