Glyph mapping window disappears in X11

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
johancb

Glyph mapping window disappears in X11

Post by johancb »

Hi,

I run FCP 8 Standard under Mac OSX in Wine/X11. Most things work fine, except the Glyph mapping window tends to go missing. Sometimes it just hides way in the back, behind the main window, sometimes it just goes plain missing. Any ideas? Do you support this platform at all? If there's a better way to run FCP under OSX, I'm all ears.

Cheers,
Johan C. Brandstedt
Erwin Denissen

Re: Glyph mapping window disappears in X11

Post by Erwin Denissen »

johancb wrote:I run FCP 8 Standard under Mac OSX in Wine/X11. Most things work fine, except the Glyph mapping window tends to go missing. Sometimes it just hides way in the back, behind the main window, sometimes it just goes plain missing. Any ideas? Do you support this platform at all? If there's a better way to run FCP under OSX, I'm all ears.
We don't officially support Wine, but we welcome all Mac users to use our software :P

I assume you refer to the Glyph Properties toolwindow? I don't know why it misbehaves, but does F3 show and hide it?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
johancb

Re: Glyph mapping window disappears in X11

Post by johancb »

Yes, correct, Glyph Properties. It hides behind the main window on click. Hitting F3 twice will bring it back to front, but it doesn't register clicks, just hides again. Moving aside the main window lets me use it, but sometimes the MouseUp event doesn't register, so it sticks to the cursor. I'm guessing it's a Wine thing.

The worst part is, the tag buttons hang the whole program, so I can't use the auto naming. Is there another way to trigger it?