Mark to base positioning question

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
bubblebee

Mark to base positioning question

Post by bubblebee »

I noticed that to create Mark-to-Base positioning the names must be in the format @M2_... (red labels). See attachment (PDF).

How do I set up my base glyphs and diacritics so that they can be put in that format? Your manual is not very clear and assumed lots of assumptions on the designer. I cannot find examples online. Please provide me a clear step-by-step procedure for mark-to-base positioning. This is the most important feature I need for my font. If this task can be solved then my font is 99% complete. I am using FontCreator 8.0 Professional. Thank you for your help.
Attachments
Mark-to-Base Positioning.pdf
(392.33 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Mark to base positioning question

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

That screen shot is not from the High-Logic FontCreator manual, but from my own review page. I say there that I don't have experience of such scripts. The screen shot of the dialogue is below:
Mark Positioning.png
Mark Positioning.png (26.67 KiB) Viewed 2575 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
sp0rk

Re: Mark to base positioning question

Post by sp0rk »

The format @M2B_M_1 indicates a group of glyphs. You can add a set of glyphs to a group by using the Group Manager in the OT Designer. FCP will add the @ at the beginning of the group name. Then you can add whichever glyphs you need for base or mark sets. I am just getting to grips with mark/mkmk myself so the actual placements are still a work in progress for me. I'm currently working on repositioning Arabic marks so I have a bit or work to do still!
fcp.jpg
fcp.jpg (217.68 KiB) Viewed 2568 times