Trouble naming fonts

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
gcarter

Trouble naming fonts

Post by gcarter »

I have made and sucussfully installed a font. But now I have made another, and I cannot get it installed. Anytime I install a font, it is always called "NewWGL4 font" I have made every effort to get it called someting else with no avail. I change the name of hte font and then I get "font named NewWGL4 font will be installed" and because Ihave already one installed with that name, I cannot install another one.

Please advise.
Gordon
vanisaac

Post by vanisaac »

Make sure to name the font using the Auto Naming feature under the Tools menu. That should solve your problem. The name of the file (like font.ttf) is completely independent of the font name, so doing a Save As doesn't actually change the name of the font at all.
gcarter

Naming agrivation

Post by gcarter »

I am using version 3.1, and in that version I cannot locate any Autonaming feature. I have "naming" under format but there is not autonaming feature there. If a newer version of the program is required to fix this problem, I will happily get it. Please advise if this is a new feature in the subsequent versions, or if I am simply not finding this feature in my version.

Thank-you,
Gordon
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Yes. Try the latest version 4.0, which is greatly improved. Check the Revision History here.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Redruth Underground

FCP 3.1

Post by Redruth Underground »

I only downloaded 4.1 last night: fundamentally, I'm still with 3.1 like you. Go to 'Format > Naming' and make sure you're naming the Microsoft Unicode side of the font. There are four different places to put the name: used by different parts of the system, so enter it in all four blanks. There's Font Name, Unique Font Designator or something like that, Full Font Name, and Windows Identifier. I might have gotten the names a little off, but you should be able to locate them well enough. :wink:
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Keeping Up with Erwin

Post by Dave Crosby »

Often improvements are made on a daily basis. To stay up to date, ALWAYS check out the newest post in the Announcements Forum.

At present, the latest Version is 4.2.4 (build 4.2.4.170.49)
Aut nunc aut nunquam
vanisaac

Post by vanisaac »

I've got build 4.2.4.170.76
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Ok, Where's the Update?

Post by Dick Pape »

Hey Erwin ... how come vanisaac's got 4.2.4.170.76 and Dave and I only got 4.2.4.170.49??

I thought we were your favorites!

DP
Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

I think the last figure of the version number indicates the type of FCP in use. .49 is a registered full version, then there is the Lite (Light?) version, and the trial version. Vanisaac appears to have the Lite version and he seems to succeed very well on it indeed, according to his very helpful postings.
We are all favorites I'm sure :lol:

Joe.
vanisaac

Post by vanisaac »

And Joe, as usual, has hit the nail quite squarely on the head. I don't have any images to import, and I registered FCP 3.1 as soon as I bolted from college, and still in a very college fiscal condition; hence, I am a Lite user. I sound like I'm at an AA meeting. Needless to say, when my registration no longer allows me to get the latest, I will be upgrading in order to get ahold of the auto-kern and metrics, but those aren't all that important to me, so I get by.