Problem with Vertical Writing

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
yucong

Problem with Vertical Writing

Post by yucong »

hello,

I'm a new font designer with Fontcreator. I'm Chinese.

When I created a CJK font, I met a problem about CJK fonts that are intended to be used for vertical writing, the punctuation can't change direction.

What can I do to solve this problem.thank you so much and I'm waiting for your answer eagerly.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Problem with Vertical Writing

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I moved your question to the FontCreator forum, where I think it belongs.

I have no experience with creating CJK fonts, so this advice may be wrong.

Try calculating the Ranges and Code Pages in Font Properties, Ranges. Click the Edit button for the ranges to see if the CJK punctuation range is enabled. If it is not, there may be no CJK punctuation glyphs in the font.
CJK Punctuation.png
CJK Punctuation.png (101.61 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
yucong

Post by yucong »

thanks for your help.I have done these steps, I can't use it yet! :(
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Do you know other fonts that work?

For example has BabelStone Han the same issue concerning vertical writing?

And what about SimSun (宋体)?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Yucong meant to reply:
yucong wrote:I'm so appreciate for your answer.but I'm so busy that can't on line these days.I have seen that link as soon as saw your message,it still can't solve my problem.Maybe my quesiton isn't so clear?In fact,I'm confused that if some CJK symbols can change CJK compatibility forms when text in vertical writing.for example, I use (in my text,then change it to vertical aligement, ( can change to CJK compatibility forms of presentation form for vertical left parenthesis automatically ?sorry,I don't know if I express clearly.and I don't know how to submit picture with message.I think it will be better if there is a picture with my problem.that,however,I wanna to say thank you very much.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486