How to make a contextual cursive font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Jonne Haven

Re: How to make a contextual cursive font

Post by Jonne Haven »

Bhikku!

I captured the rainbow! And there is gold aplenty. My goal of increasing the weight of the font without doing much work has realized itself. Instead of making a separate font, I saved my original font under a different name then used the glyph transformer AFTER everything was neatly kerned. So copying font values does not work, but as per the example, using the already kerned font information translates perfectly with the glyph transformer!
Elegantly Kerned!.jpg
Elegantly Kerned!.jpg (967.58 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
So happy now!

Be well as I am.

Jonne
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Jonne Haven wrote:PS - How do you pronounce your name. It is so deliciously unusual!
Bhikkhu (alms mendicant) is a Pali term for a Buddhist monk. Pesala is the name given at my ordination and means "well-behaved." Pali Pronunciation

I am glad that you found a more efficient route to kerning your bold font style. It takes years of experience to learn the right order of doing things so that you don't waste time repeating steps.

The Bold Transformation will also change the font's settings to bold for you in recent versions of FontCreator.
Bold Transformation.png
Bold Transformation.png (50.77 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

Erwin and friends,

I've nearly finished my contextual cursive font and I wanted to thank you all for your support. I don't know how to thank you for your individual attention and interest in my project. So to thank you all enjoy the pic. If you're interested in my code I'd be happy to share it with you.

Blessings,
Jonne
FontCreator Thanks.jpg
FontCreator Thanks.jpg (215.45 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thank you for showing your font. Awesome result of you efforts!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology