Font Name

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
mcrespi

Font Name

Post by mcrespi »

Hello. I am trying the Font Creator program. I have not been able to change the name from "NewSymbolFont". Any suggestions?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

To give your font a name we select Naming from the Format menu. Select the Microsoft Platform then select the English - United States language to change its naming fields.

For the Microsoft (Unicode or Symbol) Platform these naming entries for English - United States should be available:
- Font Family Name
- Font Subfamily Name
- Unique Font Identifier
- Full Font Name
- Version String
- Postscript Name

All these fields should be present, Window 95 etc don't care about these fields but Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP really expect these fields - without these fields installation will fail.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
lindeymagee

Post by lindeymagee »

Hi Erwin-

I'm having the same problem. I am just running the trail right now & thought it may have something to do with that.

I've entered the names under the fields you suggested in format-name, but the first font I did ignored my name and used newfont-high-logic (or something generic like that) & now it won't let me instal another because it is trying to use the same name.

Any help is greatly appreciated...I have every intention of buying & registering this software if I can figure this last little detail out. :D
TIA
-Lindey