Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am wondering if it is possible to use the transform feature in FontCreator to enlarge the glyph's overall size/shape without affecting the thickness of the strokes, or is it simply not possible and have to recreate the glyph from start?
- Top Typographer
- Posts: 8863
- Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:28 am
- Location: Seven Kings, London UK
You will need to apply two transformations using the glyph transform wizard.
- First, measure the stroke weight. If it is 100 funits and you want to scale the glyph up by 120% the new stroke weight will become 120 funits
- Apply a scale transformation of 120% retaining the side-bearings
- Apply a thin transformation to reduce the stroke weight by 10 funits on each side
- The vertical strokes will likely be a different weight, e.g. 50 funits, in which case you would adjust the vertical by 5 funits instead of 10