Help with Open Type Designer

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Help with Open Type Designer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A better sequence is:
  1. Insert Characters: $040E,$045E
  2. Edit in Glyph Edit Window
  3. Then Insert the glyphs (composite glyph members)
That way, the new glyphs are already mapped.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Leon Gauthier

Post by Leon Gauthier »

So then, you are suggesting that I map Ybreve to the Cyrillic letter u because they are Unicode characters which look like the Ybreve?
I suppose that would not be a problem since this font does not have any Cyrillic characters although it does have scripts for Cyrillic. There are also scripts for "unknown language" IPA and Vietnamese all of which I want to purge along with 100 unmapped characters which appear to be here in support of the script.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Leon Gauthier wrote:So then, you are suggesting that I map Ybreve to the Cyrillic letter u because they are Unicode characters which look like the Ybreve?
It was just an example. It would be better to use the Private Use Area. It doesn't need to be the code-points reserved by the Medieval Unicode Font Initiative (MUFI). Those two positions are used by Complete Composites for Petite Capitals, and if the proposal gets accepted by the Unicode Consortium they will be assigned code-points outside of the PUA.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486