Using a tablet

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Orionizer

Using a tablet

Post by Orionizer »

Is it possible I could use a tablet to draw my font and then tweak it later? Sort of like using the brush tool in Fontlab TypeTool 2?
Orionizer

Post by Orionizer »

I assume by the lack of response that this is not possible with FCP... :(
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You are correct, however the Font Creator Program has a feature called Import Image. So you could draw a character with your favorite paint software and import that.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

It's also possible we don't know what kind of tablet you have, what operating system you are running, what software you use to draw your font, your abilities to draw, whether you plan to run FCP on the tablet or someplace else, how do you plan on getting your drawings to FCP, etc.

Kinda like, "can I run FCP in my car?" ...

DP
Orionizer

Post by Orionizer »

No need to get nasty - just a simple question - CAN I FREEHAND DRAW IN THIS PROGRAM is all I was asking...

Erwin - thanks for the idea.

Dick - just FYI:

It's also possible we don't know what kind of tablet you have,

Wacom Intuos 3

What operating system you are running

Considering that FCP runs on Windows, I figured that was self explanatory, but WinXP Pro

What software you use to draw your font

This was the question I was asking - CAN I DRAW INSIDE FCP

Your abilities to draw

I don't see how this has a bearing on the question CAN I DRAW INSIDE FCP

Whether you plan to run FCP on the tablet or someplace else, how do you plan on getting your drawings to FCP, etc.

Again, see the question above.

But basically, since Erwin has answered my question, I think I'll be trying TypeTool.
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

Orionizer

Sorry for my "terse" response. Thought you were (what's the "p" word.. ) perturbed that no one had given you an answer.
I assume by the lack of response that this is not possible with FCP...
Erwin's response crossed mine in the mails, otherwise I wouldn't have said a thing. I was just buying some time for someone who knew tablets to respond!

DP
Orionizer

Post by Orionizer »

No problem - bad morning for me, I guess... :oops:

Anyway, I just figured that it wasn't possible since I couldn't figure it out and noone else had an answer, anyway.

I would like to draw inside of the program so I can keep everything even with the guides, etc.

Thanks anyway. :D