Edited letter looks ok but test printout bad

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
wrj

Edited letter looks ok but test printout bad

Post by wrj »

I have a project where I need to create a font for a small number of letters. I am using the Arial font as a starting point and modifying the letters I need. Then the book title I need will be converted into a stencil for painting the letters as a part of a larger oil painting. The letters are on a book that is turned at a medium angle to the viewer. Thus the letters are in perspective and the letter angles are not the norm. For example the letter I will be tilted to about 60 degrees. The whole title is VALORIE"S QUILT. So far I have converted the L, T, I, U. I was working on the A and O when I ran into a problem. I got the O into an ellipse and it test printed close to what I wanted. Then after some more tweeks of the two shapes (outer and inner ellipses) it looks correct in the editor but the O comes out a solid black. Likewise on the A. I edited both shapes and it looks ok in the editor but comes out as a solid black, i.e. the small inner triangle is black instead of an open white shape.

Since the O was working it must be something I'm missing during the editing. I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Edited letter looks ok but test printout bad

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It will be easier to tell what the problem is if you can attach the font project.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486