Can't change color of reference lines in FCP 4.5

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Elizabeth E.

Can't change color of reference lines in FCP 4.5

Post by Elizabeth E. »

Hi everyone,

I don't post very often because usually I have no problems at all with FCP! But lately, it's been behaving verrrry strangely, and I hope someone out there can help me.

I was working on a handwriting font my niece asked me to make. After being at it for a few hours, I got tired and saved everything, then exited the program. The next time I opened it, two truly bizarre things happened:

(1) The reference lines had changed color, from red to black, and no matter what I try, I CAN'T get them to change back; and

(2) When I minimize the program to the taskbar, I wind up with TWO buttons for the same window; if I close one, the other closes too.

This has never happened before. The program was working just fine up until now; as far as I can remember, I didn't change any settings that would have affected the reference lines, and I understand that the two-button problem could be a Windows thing; however, I thought I'd try asking the experts first! Thanks muchly in advance for any advice y'all can give me. Oh, and BTW - I'd appreciate "easy" fix suggestions before throwing up your hands and saying, "uninstall/reinstall the program." I HATE doing that, because I have this paranoia about losing the app, or my files, altogether. (Don't laugh - when I installed XP, I lost a bunch of stuff! :x )

As I said, I'm running WinXP Pro (now THERE'S an oxymoron for you), build 2600, with SP1; I have no plans to install SP2 because I've heard too many negative comments about it. My computer is an AMD Athlon 750 (creaky, but it works :wink: ), with 512MB RAM.

Thanks again!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

To change the color of the guidelines, open the Guidelines Options window (click Guidelines Options on the Tools menu) and then click the color box.

I don't know why apparently two applications are grouped together while you have started the application only once.

In case you uninstall the software this will remove all files that were installed during the installation process. It will also remove your current registry entries. No other files will be removed.

SP2 has no affect on the Font Creator Program and it has increased stability on my Computer. But that doesn't guarantee success on your system.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology