Format menu

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Kobey

Format menu

Post by Kobey »

How do I get the Format menu to display?
I've just installed FontCreator and the displayed list = File, Edit, View, Insert, Font, Tools, Window, Help

Right-click on the menu bar gives several other "unticked" menus (samples, palette, etc) but Format is not in the list.
This is version 11 64-bit.

Thanks
Sorry for being dumb.
:(
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Format menu

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I forget when, exactly, but the Format menu was removed some versions back.

All that you need can now be found in other places. Most of what you're looking for is probably on the Font Properties Dialogue (Shortcut = Alt+Enter).
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Kobey

Post by Kobey »

Thank you for the reply, mate.
*sigh* I don't know why they do these radical changes... it makes a whole bunch of useful and clear online tutorials invalid now.
I'm sure all those experts won't bother again, after that treatment.

When I went into the Help -> User Manual and did a search on "Format Menu", got 4 occurences ... eg. "On the Format Menu, Click Settings and then click the General tab".
Needless to say, I can't find Settings either.

All I can be sure of getting is a regular pop-up in my browser (it's happened 2 times here in a few minutes) of a download window for High-Logic products. I can't get excited (in a good way) about browser highjacking.

Mate, how can I trust something like that.
No need to reply.
I think I'm done.

But, thank you (again) for your assistance.
:)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thank you for letting us know. We will make some more corrections to the manual.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Kobey wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:29 pmI'm sure all those experts won't bother again, after that treatment.
I am sure that you're wrong about that.

See what the experts think
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486