More Sensitive Kerning in OT Designer

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Jonne Haven

More Sensitive Kerning in OT Designer

Post by Jonne Haven »

I've noticed that when I do kerning in the OT Designer, the glyph spacing changes sometimes don't respond to anything less than a 15 or so point change. It's either that or it only responds to set incremental values. The Preview window registers more minute changes, but I cannot enter text into the preview window with OT Designer open. I'm requesting more sensitivity in the OT designer or the ability to add text to the Preview window with the OT Designer open. The former would be preferable. It seems that 15 points is a lot of give when I'm kerning very sensitive pairs, too much give IMHO. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

Blessings,

Jonne
Erwin Denissen

Re: More Sensitive Kerning in OT Designer

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Jonne Haven wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:42 am I've noticed that when I do kerning in the OT Designer, the glyph spacing changes sometimes don't respond to anything less than a 15 or so point change. It's either that or it only responds to set incremental values. The Preview window registers more minute changes, but I cannot enter text into the preview window with OT Designer open. I'm requesting more sensitivity in the OT designer or the ability to add text to the Preview window with the OT Designer open. The former would be preferable. It seems that 15 points is a lot of give when I'm kerning very sensitive pairs, too much give IMHO. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

Blessings,

Jonne
I think it is all due to the fact the glyphs are scaled down so much, that a minor shift just isn't noticeable. You should see adjustments sooner if you use a huge font size, but that is also cumbersome.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology