Anchors : how to use them

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Soleille

Anchors : how to use them

Post by Soleille »

Hello ! :)

I've finally fixed nearly all my first problems with creating my cursive font :

But when I use a large size, I see there the font characters don't go well together (position isn't always correct). So, now I want to have a look at anchors and cursive class, as I was advised to :
PJMiller wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:37 am [...] there is another type of anchor called 'Cursive' and these are classed as 'entry' and 'exit'. I haven't used these but my guess as to how it might work is that it might just reposition the two glyphs horizontally until the two anchors coincide.

It might be worth a look and a little experiment to see if these are useful to you.
Is there a tutorial to help me understand how this works / how to use it ?

Thank you. :)
Erwin Denissen

Re: Anchors : how to use them

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Your font looks fantastic.

Cursive attachment is meant for complex scripts like Arabic, so I suspect not all word processing software will support it for Latin. For example Microsoft Word (and Windows in general) seems to ignore the curs feature, but you can add a cursive attachment lookup to the kern feature and that will work.

I think it is best to improve your current kerning if possible, but maybe other people have more experience with this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology