Open type in Font Creator 8 Pro

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
lupacexi

Open type in Font Creator 8 Pro

Post by lupacexi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Id like to know how can I produce opentype once I have the typeface fully created all full 256 set of characters. Ive done numbers, punctuation, lower and capital letters, accented letters and the rest. WIth spacing of my choice. Ive come to the position that I need to do opentype for certain letters to fit together due to the shape of certain letters. How can I recreate open type in version 8 pro.

Erwin Denissen

Re: Open type in Font Creator 8 Pro

Post by Erwin Denissen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:09 pm

FontCreator 8 allows you to edit OpenType layout glyph positioning (GPOS) including, but not limited to pair adjustment (also know as kerning pairs).

However over the years we've spent a lot of time improving this part of FontCreator, so we strongly recommend to upgrade to the latest version.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Open type in Font Creator 8 Pro

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:12 pm

If this is a symbol font, it is recommended to convert it to Unicode from the Tools menu. Then you won't be limited to just 256 characters.

It seems that what you want is a standard ligature feature, which is usually what we use for Alphabetic Presentation forms like ff, fi, ffi, fl, ffl, etc.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.0 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10 1709