change line to bezier

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
fontomaker

change line to bezier

Post by fontomaker »

i started drawing a glyph in FCP4.5 all with straight lines. now i selected some points to change them from line to bezier but i can not find any option to do it. right mouse button on a selected point(s) does not give me any options "set selected point(s) to bezier-type / set selected point(s) to line-type"

when you develope a font from scratch you might want to change some details on the glyph you work on, and tweak points here and there.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Just select the point, add a point (A), and make it off-curve (F), then you can move the off-curve point to curve the line.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
vanisaac

Post by vanisaac »

Your Bezier point is called an "off curve" point in FCP. So now that you know what to look for, I'll tell you all the ways to effect this transformation. First, when you right click a point, the fourth option is "off curve". The transform toolbar under "position" has a check box labeled "On curve" that you can uncheck to make a Bezier curve. The keyboard shortcuts "N" and "F" make selected points on and off curve, respectively. When you draw a contour, you can right click instead of left clicking to draw an off curve point. Lastly, under edit->curve there are options "On" and "Off". So there are five ways of making quadratic Bezier splines in FCP.