Small Thumbnails

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
strudles114

Small Thumbnails

Post by strudles114 »

I am making a fractions font for my children's homeschool papers and the glyph thumbnails in the font's window (inside FontCreator 5) are very small and hard to read. Is there any way to make them appear bigger on the thumbnail?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Small Thumbnails

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator 5 is very old. The earliest version that I have installed is 6.5.

The Help File for 6.5 gives the shortcuts to increase the cell size as plus and minus. The size of the cells can also be set in Tools, Options, Overview.

Later versions allow one to increase the size of the glyph inside the cells too.

If the glyphs are very small relative to the cell, you may be able to fix this by recalculating the font's metrics: Format, Settings, Metrics, Calculate. If the actual glyph size is small compared to the distance between WinAscent and WinDescent, it will be small in the Overview cells too. Recalculating the metrics reduces the spacing between WinAscent and WinDescent to fit the Tallest Ascender or highest accent, and the lowest descender between the two metric lines.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486