Name Table Structure error

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
algrass

Name Table Structure error

Post by algrass »

When I install a font created with FC11 on an Apple machine I get a single error, which prevents the font from being installed. The error is identified as a "Name Table Structure" error.

I suspect that it refers to one of the OpenType tables embedded in the file, but I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting it. It may also not be due to the OpenType tables but to some other table. Does anyone have any experience of this kind of problem?

If I force the installation by overriding the warning then the Font installs, but is not recognised and shown by Microsoft Word for Mac or Affinity Designer.

Cheers
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Name Table Structure error

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Again, I moved your thread to the correct forum.
Before asking a question on FontCreator look here for possible solutions and tutorials. Please do not post support requests here.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Maybe it is because StylisticSet 1 has an empty descriptive name.

Can you look into this?
ss1.png
ss1.png (36.46 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
algrass

Post by algrass »

Problem resolved. The Content section of the Descriptive Name of Stylistic alternates was empty. I just entered the same name as the font file name and the problem went away. Obviously I could have entered the name of the new style set, instead, and that would have solved the problem, too. Basically this column must not be left empty.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Either provide a descriptive name that matches the specific alternates, or delete it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology