Add glyphs with special characters and signs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Glyphman

Add glyphs with special characters and signs

Post by Glyphman »

Sorry if this is a simple task... I'm a newbie to font design and to FontCreator as well. I have a font with only 131 glyphs, missing the special characters for Swedish language ÅÄÖ, åäö and accent signs. Do you have a tutorial how to complete with this? Hope someone can help me in the right direction.
Gracias
Erwin Denissen

Re: Add glyphs with special characters and signs

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You could first add missing characters through the Insert Characters dialog, and then use the complete composites feature to generate them. If you need to add a lot of characters this might be time consuming, and then it is best to use the Glyph Transformer.

There is a transform feature script that adds over 300 characters to a basic font. In your case it seems a bit too much, but you can always delete characters you don't need.

Within FontCreator select Tools from the main menu, then click Glyph Transformer. Load the "Eastern Europe.xml" script, and then click the OK button.
Eastern Europe.png
Eastern Europe.png (18.51 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
FontCreator comes with 70 powerful scripts. You can find these in:
C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\FontCreator\Transform

Note: The Transform wizard is not available in the Home Edition of FontCreator.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Hi Erwin, thanks for the rapid answer. I will try your suggestion. :D
have a nice weekend!
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Had only 10 Glyphs to complete with so did the manual one by one step... worked perfect, Great tool.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Which 10 glyphs were missing?

You can edit the transform script to add them, and save it as a new script or overwrite the Eastern Europe Script if you wish. Then for all future fonts that you create you won't have to add them manually.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:26 pm Which 10 glyphs were missing?

You can edit the transform script to add them, and save it as a new script or overwrite the Eastern Europe Script if you wish. Then for all future fonts that you create you won't have to add them manually.
Thanks for the tip Bhikkhu. I will see if there be more issues like this I'll sure use your advice.