Glyph Properties: Extra Info

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Karin1610

Glyph Properties: Extra Info

Post by Karin1610 »

I've noticed that a bunch of my glyphs have this setting, saying "Ligature 3" below the box for "Automatic". I've seen "Ligature 2" too.
I assume this number says how many glyphs in a ligature put out this glyph. Is this correct?
If so, I just wondered that some glyphs don't have the setting "Automatic" but are set to "Simple" although they are being used in ligatures too. I haven't touched these settings, so everything is as the program does it.
Can this be a problem? Should I set them all to "Automatic"?
ligature3.jpg
ligature3.jpg (32.15 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
The other thing that happens again and again is that glyphs get an offset right out of the blue. A glyph might be okay, and next time I open the program there's an offset of -1. It can happen with any glyph.
What exactly does an offset do? I'm a bit tired of fixing this over and over again.

Thanks in advance!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Glyph Properties: Extra Info

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can select all glyphs and set the type to "Automatic" from the right-click menu.

Ligatures will show the number of components. Simple glyphs that are used as composite glyphs members will be simple.
Ligature Compenents.png
Ligature Compenents.png (14.45 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
You can run a Transform script to reset the offset of all glyphs back to zero. I am not sure how or why it happens.
Left Side-bearing Point.png
Left Side-bearing Point.png (8.93 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Karin1610

Re: Glyph Properties: Extra Info

Post by Karin1610 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:57 pm You can select all glyphs and set the type to "Automatic" from the right-click menu.
Okay thanks. I did that right away.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:57 pm You can run a Transform script to reset the offset of all glyphs back to zero. I am not sure how or why it happens.
Good to know. I'll do that when I'm done with everything else.

Thanks for your help!