Colored parts arent showing up.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Loufubu7

Post by Loufubu7 »

I created a color font that has black numbers with pink arrows with a pink number. (Actually, i just created one total and am trying to see if it worked) In the preview, it looks right but when I upload it and try to use it, it only shows me the black number and the pink parts aren't there. I'm using this in photoshop.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Colored parts arent showing up.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Does your version of PhotoShop support colour fonts?

Colour Font Support may be better since this thread.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Loufubu7

Post by Loufubu7 »

yes, I have the entire Adobe Suite with the most recent updates as it is a subscription.
Loufubu7

Post by Loufubu7 »

I am creating a handwriting font. It has black numbers/letters with pink arrows and numbers to show the child how to draw them. I have only done 1 and am trying to make sure it works and all that shows up is the black number. I'm using the latest version of Photoshop and it does support color fonts but the color parts won't show up. The preview window shows them. I'm not sure if I did it correctly but I created an arrow and the small number as separate glyphs and then switched to color mode and put them together with the black number. I spoke with Adobe and they aren't sure why it won't work.
Loufubu7

Post by Loufubu7 »

Heres a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (297.49 KiB) Viewed 5588 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There are 3 (or even 4) color font formats. Do ask them if they support them all. FontCreator supports the Microsoft color font format.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Here's what Adobe applications and QuarkXpress supports as regards color fonts.
capture-002182.png
capture-002182.png (14.01 KiB) Viewed 5560 times
Loufubu7

Post by Loufubu7 »

"Photoshop works on Color modes include SRGB , RGB, and CMYK " This is the answer I received from them. He also gave me a link that states "Using OpenType-SVG color fonts in Photoshop CC" The guy really wasn't very helpful, unfortunately, and I couldn't get straight answers. The 2 color fonts they have do say SVG next to them in the list but the person I chatted with yesterday said that didn't matter.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

FontCreator supports the Microsoft color format which they mention as COLR.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Loufubu7

Post by Loufubu7 »

Unfortunately, when you know more than Adobe support...you don't tend to get anywhere. I chatted with someone else and even that person couldn't tell me if Photoshop supported the Microsoft COLR. I even gave him the 4 color formats and all he had to do was tell me which ones were compatible.
They kept wanting me to change the color profile and wanted to know what profile the fontcreator uses. I simply couldn't get them to understand anything...(thank you MikeW that did help a ton)......and when they couldn't "get it' they retort to the "well that's a 3rd party software we aren't familiar with." Well duh.... I just want to know if you support the Microsoft COLR? I don't think it does. If I switch the arrows and numbers to black and white while still in color mode....they don't show up. If I copy and paste those arrows next to the numbers themselves instead of using the color mode (black and white arrows) they will show up. The auto metrics doesn't recognize that the pink arrows and numbers are even there either. I thought maybe I need to change something since it doesn't seem to see them. I was hoping I could do the arrows in black and white build the glyphs the same way you do in color mode so when photoshop supports it I can easily change the color through the font creator but they won't show up. So, I may be stuck putting the arrows directly next to the numbers instead and then change the color in photoshop using the paint bucket for now. unless anyone knows a better way? I've been using the Adobe suite for 2 years but am new to the font creator. Suggestions are appreciated!