How to reposition character before sequence of letters?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Bmeister
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 am

Re: How to reposition character before sequence of letters?

Post by Bmeister » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Forgive me for bumping up my last post this one time. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with regards to the baseline query above.

Thank you
Font Creator 11.5
Windows 7 Pro

Erwin Denissen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8271
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:41 am
Location: Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: How to reposition character before sequence of letters?

Post by Erwin Denissen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Bmeister wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:38 pm
Erwin Denissen wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am
It is a bug because we try to make FontCreator more flexible than the specs allow.

In the final font classes within a ligature item are not allowed. Right now FontCreator will store it as one item. For example
sub bar @ABC @abc -> ".null";
will end up in the font as:
sub bar A a -> ".null";

We'll have this fixed with the next upcoming release.

For now you'll have to provide the individual items:
lookup Ligature1 {
sub bar A a -> ".null";
sub bar A b -> ".null";
sub bar A c -> ".null";
sub bar B a -> ".null";
sub bar B b -> ".null";
sub bar B c -> ".null";
sub bar C a -> ".null";
sub bar C b -> ".null";
sub bar C c -> ".null";
}
Thanks for your reply. But I must say this news is very discouraging. Seems like a significant program bug to me.
My target font (stemming from the test above) would have to contain over 80 "individual" sub entries for the ligature lookup instead of just one (when using classes).

How soon is the upcoming release?
That bug has been fixed.
Bmeister wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 pm
Forgive me for bumping up my last post this one time. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with regards to the baseline query above.

Thank you
I have no idea how to fix that, as this is a total different problem and might require a completely new solution.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

Bmeister
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 am

Re: How to reposition character before sequence of letters?

Post by Bmeister » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:16 am

Erwin Denissen wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 pm
Bmeister wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:38 pm
Erwin Denissen wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am
It is a bug because we try to make FontCreator more flexible than the specs allow.

In the final font classes within a ligature item are not allowed. Right now FontCreator will store it as one item. For example
sub bar @ABC @abc -> ".null";
will end up in the font as:
sub bar A a -> ".null";

We'll have this fixed with the next upcoming release.

For now you'll have to provide the individual items:
lookup Ligature1 {
sub bar A a -> ".null";
sub bar A b -> ".null";
sub bar A c -> ".null";
sub bar B a -> ".null";
sub bar B b -> ".null";
sub bar B c -> ".null";
sub bar C a -> ".null";
sub bar C b -> ".null";
sub bar C c -> ".null";
}
Thanks for your reply. But I must say this news is very discouraging. Seems like a significant program bug to me.
My target font (stemming from the test above) would have to contain over 80 "individual" sub entries for the ligature lookup instead of just one (when using classes).

How soon is the upcoming release?
That bug has been fixed.
Thanks for the news on the fix. Is there a patch available for download?
Font Creator 11.5
Windows 7 Pro

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer
Posts: 8345
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:28 am
Location: Seven Kings, London UK
Contact:

Re: How to reposition character before sequence of letters?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 am

The latest version is build 2430.

When an update is available you can fetch it from the Help menu, Check for Updates.

You can change the automatic check from one week to every day in Tools, Options, General, if you wish.

The Changelog will also tell you when each update was released, with a brief list of the changes made.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC12 Pro + MT9.0 @ Win10 1903 build 18362.356

Bmeister
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 am

Re: How to reposition character before sequence of letters?

Post by Bmeister » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 am
The latest version is build 2430.

When an update is available you can fetch it from the Help menu, Check for Updates.

You can change the automatic check from one week to every day in Tools, Options, General, if you wish.

The Changelog will also tell you when each update was released, with a brief list of the changes made.
Thank you
Font Creator 11.5
Windows 7 Pro

Post Reply