Thickness

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
BillySamus

Thickness

Post by BillySamus »

Hello everyone,
I'm using the sample Font Creator Program 5.0 and want to adjust the thickness of a character. For example, I want to make the stroke of an "A" thicker so that there is light white space within the "A". How do I do this? Also, if you didn't save changes to a font will the changes still be saved automaticall anyway?

Thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can make letters bolder with the Glyph Transformer. Tools, Glyph Transformer, Effects, Bold. Save your font before using Transform as there is no undo for this feature.

Close and reopen the font without saving if the effect is not right, and adjust the parameters for the effect to try again.

You can apply the effect to selected characters or to the whole font. You can apply a small effect several times until it looks right.

There is no auto-save, but there is an auto backup when saving on the font tab of Tools, Options.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486