Single Lines

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Leslie_SS

Single Lines

Post by Leslie_SS »

I’m making a single line font, but the exported file installs with lines closing the glyphs. I’ve got the export settings to single line. I have the option in options —> font —> to allow open contours. Is there anothe step I’m missing?
Leslie
Windows 10
FontCreator 11 Professional Edition
Leslie_SS

Re: Single Lines

Post by Leslie_SS »

Also, when I set the output settings to double line, it looks single line but puts another copy of the glyphs on top and closes them. I’ve gotten this to work correctly on another font but am unsure what’s different.
Leslie
Windows 10
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Leslie_SS wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:39 pm I’m making a single line font, but the exported file installs with lines closing the glyphs. I’ve got the export settings to single line. I have the option in options —> font —> to allow open contours. Is there anothe step I’m missing?
Basically this is all you need. You can choose between Single Stroke and Double Stroke. Assuming the font is intended for cnc engraving or other means that require a single line font, you have to test to see which of these works best.

As you already noted, Windows doesn't support single line fonts, so it will show closed contours with Single Stroke.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Leslie_SS

Post by Leslie_SS »

Thanks for the reply. My design software is showing the first one I made as single lines, but not the others. May I send them to you to see if you can tell me the difference?
Leslie
Windows 10