Why can't I go beyond 512 pixels in the Preview window?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Why can't I go beyond 512 pixels in the Preview window?

Post by Hafonton »

Hey
I bought a 4k screen and I use fontcreator
But I can't go beyond 512 pixels in the Preview window
Look at my screenshow:
go beyond 512 pixels.PNG
go beyond 512 pixels.PNG (516.06 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
Can you please increase this number in the next update?
I would appreciate it alot
Thank you
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Why can't I go beyond 512 pixels in the Preview window?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Those are points, not pixels.

To me it looks like an issue with your font's metrics. In the glyph overview the displayed glyphs are tiny compared to the overview cells (compare to the incomplete © symbol), and the line-spacing in the Preview Toolbar is excessive. Some fonts like Cambria Maths require that, but most do not.

Try going to Font Properties, Metrics, and select Maximum, Calculate. That should enlarge all of the glyphs in your font at a given point size.

To check for the highest and lowest glyph extents, go to Font Information, Y Max and Y Min, and double-click to locate glyphs that may be higher or lower than they should be.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Why can't I go beyond 512 pixels in the Preview window?

Post by Hafonton »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 pm Those are points, not pixels.

To me it looks like an issue with your font's metrics. In the glyph overview the displayed glyphs are tiny compared to the overview cells (compare to the incomplete © symbol), and the line-spacing in the Preview Toolbar is excessive. Some fonts like Cambria Maths require that, but most do not.

Try going to Font Properties, Metrics, and select Maximum, Calculate. That should enlarge all of the glyphs in your font at a given point size.

To check for the highest and lowest glyph extents, go to Font Information, Y Max and Y Min, and double-click to locate glyphs that may be higher or lower than they should be.
Yep, that was it.
Thank you!