Multiple instances ?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Multiple instances ?

Post by PJMiller »

Are there any problems which might be caused by having two instances of Font Creator running at the same time ?

I have had two instances of Font Creator running at the same time with different font projects open in each and it caused no apparent problems but I just thought I would check just to be sure there wasn't something going wrong which wasn't apparent.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Multiple instances ?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

That is fine, but remember the last one you close will store settings, like form position but also recently opened files, as last, and those will be used next time you run the software.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Multiple instances ?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have installed FontCreator 12 using WinKey+R to run the command:

Code: Select all

"%UserProfile%\Downloads\FontCreatorSetup-x64.exe" /DIR="C:\Program Files\High-Logic FontCreator 12"
The User Data Folder is FontCreator12 so it does not conflict with the User Data Folder for FontCreator 11.5.

While I iron out the bugs in my latest fonts, it is useful to be able to load the previous version in 11.5, e.g. to copy/paste lookups tables to FontCreator 12.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486