Purging unused Feature and Lookup names

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
stormag

Purging unused Feature and Lookup names

Post by stormag »

Is there any automatized option (button) for cleaning the project from old feature/lookup names, that are removed from the script tree, but apparently still present in the script or embedded somewhere in the project?

I.e. I've recently deleted the "Alternate1" lookup and the wrong feature, where it was mistakenly dumped into. I want to create lookup with the same name ("Alternate1"), within the newly created, appropriate feature, but my FC11.5 keeps saying Please provide a unique name.

While it might not be the most serious problem in the universe, help will by greatly appreciated ;).
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Purging unused Feature and Lookup names

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Use the brush tool in the OpenType Designer
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Purging unused Feature and Lookup names

Post by Erwin Denissen »

stormag wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:45 pmI.e. I've recently deleted the "Alternate1" lookup and the wrong feature, where it was mistakenly dumped into. I want to create lookup with the same name ("Alternate1"), within the newly created, appropriate feature, but my FC11.5 keeps saying Please provide a unique name.
I would seriously consider upgrading to the latest version, as it contains numerous bug fixes related to OpenType layout features, and many improvements you'll really like.

I'm (almost) sure the issue you mention is also solved within FontCreator 12.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology