Export ESP

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
JJDOWNEY

Export ESP

Post by JJDOWNEY »

I have a question that seems to be hard to find answer to. When I have my alphabet in my illustration program. When all of the characters are ready for exporting. My problem is that when I export my characters they're not the same size in my illustration program CorelDraw. How to set the height in CorelDraw that matches the height in FontCreator of the size of Cap Height and x-height I want. I can't copy and paste into FontCreator. As corners that are meant to square end up rounded and other areas don't retain the shape I want. Can anyone offer ideas?
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typos; moved to correct forum
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Export ESP

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Moved to the Support forum. To know the right forum, look at the descriptive text in the Forum Index.

Truetype fonts are scalable. To get the desired Cap Height in CorelDraw, adjust the point size. The ratio of Cap Height to x-height will be the same in both programs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
JJDOWNEY

Post by JJDOWNEY »

Thank you for the clarification and information. When I have all of my characters designed and I export each of the characters individually. And I come to import them inside font creator the characters are always bigger than they are in Coreldraw. I don't know what metric type to use in Coreldraw. To make the accurate transition into FC. Because no matter what size I make the letters in corel they are always bigger when I import them inside the font creator. What metric measurements do I need to pick in corel so that when I import the the postscript characters into font creator. I get the exact size of characters that I need. For example if I decide I want the letters 900 in height in font creator what do I need to set up in Coreldraw. Regarding the metric measurement. To make it the same height during the creation and exporting and importing into font creator.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

To change the size and position of imported glyphs, see Options, Import
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
JJDOWNEY

Post by JJDOWNEY »

Here is where I'm at.

In FC I want cap letters to be 800 in height. Now in coreldraw...do I pick points, cm or what? As the conversation example is hard to understand. Do I make letters 800 points in corel? As I tried that when it was imported it 811 in height in FC. As I changed it in properties the em box to 800 I typed in. I have seen that funits is what FC uses. No idea how to workout what to select in corel mm, cm, inches etc to get 800 in FC. When imported...