How do I make my ligatures show by default?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Typotron

How do I make my ligatures show by default?

Post by Typotron »

I want to substitute a code with a symbol and I have created a ligature substitution lookup table which works well in the preview but not when installed on the system and displayed in software packages. If I add the table to the Standard Ligatures then they will show in Word when I enable ligatures. However, I want these to be on by default without having to enable font features since font options are not available in the software we want to see it in.

I know it is theoretically possible because I experimented with a website that creates icon fonts from svgs and the ligature substitution was fine.

Do I need to add the table to a specific feature that is enabled by default? Or is the glyph naming critical? It has to be TrueType.

It's a steep learning curve and after fours days of wrestling with it I have concluded it is beyond my current understanding. Any guidance will be truly appreciated.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How do I make my ligatures show by default?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try using Required Ligatures (rlig) instead of Standard Ligatures.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486