Text in Windows Font Settings Tool

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Pyanepsion

Text in Windows Font Settings Tool

Post by Pyanepsion »

Hello,

I can't find where in FontCreator we can edit the text in the following previews (Windows Font Settings Tool), like "A cool summer breeze", "The fanfare of birds announces the morning", etc.

Thank you for your explanations.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Text in Windows Font Settings Tool

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I thought this must be a Windows settings, but it is a part of the font properties.

Go to Font Properties, Extended, and Enter the sample text that you wish to use.
Font Sample Text.png
Font Sample Text.png (16.3 KiB) Viewed 3249 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ClintGoss

Post by ClintGoss »

Use caution, however, to used only code points in your sample text that are mapped in your font.

I have many multi-language fonts and accidentally used my typical sample text with multiple languages in a font that only had Basic Latin. Got bizarre results and was confused for a long time before I ran FontValidator and it pointed out the error.
Last edited by ClintGoss on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Here is an upcoming update which contains a Validate button, to check if all characters from the preview text are available in the font. We have also updated the user manual to inform about the way Windows uses the sample text.

https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/fontcrea ... 47-x64.exe

Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Pyanepsion

Post by Pyanepsion »

Thank you for the quality of all these responses and congratulations to Hight Logic for its responsiveness.
Note that this update also includes the automatic addition of the fonts present in WindowsApps (update 13.0.0.2646, the fonts acquired on Microsoft® Store).
ClintGoss

Post by ClintGoss »

Pyanepsion wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 am ... the automatic addition of the fonts present in WindowsApps (update 13.0.0.2646, the fonts acquired on Microsoft® Store).
I am curious what this means ...
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Open Installed Fonts now shows all installed fonts. Previously it would miss on the ones installed through Microsoft Store.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Pyanepsion

Post by Pyanepsion »

I shouldn't have used Google Translate :)
When you buy a font on Microsoft Store or download a free font from there, it goes into the Program/WindowsApps folder and it was not accessible to FontCreator unless you know its exact path and have the permissions to access this protected folder. FontCreator now knows how to load them automatically into its system font list, as most software does.