iOS not displaying properly

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
akalugin

iOS not displaying properly

Post by akalugin »

I have a font with over a dozen or more anchors. This works fine in LibreOffice, Scribus 1.5 and Windows webbrowsers. I haven't tried on a Mac computer, but when I try to use the same font on iOS. On the iOS system font seems to uses the first anchor that was attached and ignores the rest of the anchors.
I created another simple font with two anchors and two marktobase tables and the results are the same on iOS,found here http://anisimkalugin.com/znamennoe/test/. It displays as expected on window/linux browsers. I am not sure what if its a FontCreator setting, or FontCreator is not compiling the font correctly for iOS or just simply an iOS limitation. I would like to know if any one had similar issue.
Attachments
test.woff
simple font
(10.97 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
kruki_kalashnikov.woff
complex font
(52.12 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
visual explanation
visual explanation
ios_font_problem.jpg (221.91 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: iOS not displaying properly

Post by Erwin Denissen »

All text layout engines have there own interpretation of the OpenType specification, so there can be differences.

On both macOS and iOS, text layout and font handling is taken care of by core text. There was a positioning issue that has been fixed in macOS 10.15 Catalina and iOS 13, so it might be worth checking the version you have.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
akalugin

Re: iOS not displaying properly

Post by akalugin »

Thanks. Looks like it is still busted as of iOS 13.6. :x