Why is th this glyph marked with a red bar?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
shi

Why is th this glyph marked with a red bar?

Post by shi »

Hello. I'd like to modify some glyph to a certain symbol, but this glyph is marked with a red bar in the Font Overview window. And this exported TTF file cannot overwrite the system one in Win 7. How should I do to make this TTF workable?
Thanks for reading.
Attachments
Snipaste_2021-01-27_13-32-57.png
Snipaste_2021-01-27_13-32-57.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Why is th this glyph marked with a red bar?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The red bar simply means that the glyph has been tagged. It has no effect on the font output.

Uninstall the existing font before trying to install the new version.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
shi

Post by shi »

Thank you very much, Bhikkhu. I can untag it now. But when I uninstall the existent font, I found it not easily.
When uninsatall the existent font, it showed that the font cannot be deleted, as it is in use. But sometimes I can uninstall it without that message.
After instalingl the new one, I cannot find it in the system fonts folder, and cannot use it such as in word or notepad. But if I reinstall it, it shows that the font is installed, would you want to overwrite it?
This occured on different PCs. Maybe it is not an issue from FontCreator, however, would you mind giving some suggestion if you have some experiences on it? Any help would be appreciated.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I use MainType for installing and uninstalling fonts. It makes it a lot easier.

The free version may be enough for your needs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486