Font use in Form fields - without installed font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Rapid2City

Font use in Form fields - without installed font

Post by Rapid2City »

Hello,

When I export the font to a PDF, the correct font is displayed in the text. Unfortunately not in form fields to fill out.
The font should be able to be used here without it being installed. Which option do I have to choose in your software? The correct font is selected for Font use in cells. But it has no effect.

I hope you can help me as soon as possible :-)
Erwin Denissen

Re: Font use in Form fields - without installed font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Make sure the font embedding licensing rights field is set to either Installable (no embedding restrictions) or Editable (read-write).
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Rapid2City

Post by Rapid2City »

Thanks for the answer. That's how I set it. It works as long as the font is installed. But as soon as I remove it and fill in the form field, it no longer works.

How can I fix the error. You should be able to fill out the form in the appropriate font without the font being installed.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Maybe it makes if difference if you export with TrueType outline format.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Rapid2City

Post by Rapid2City »

output is already in
truetype.

As an an example. If the font is installed in Windows, everything will be displayed correctly. Both the texts and the form fields. Everything in the font I created.

But if I uninstall the font in Windows and open the generated PDF, the text is correct, but the form fields are displayed in a different font.

In the options under view, the correct font is selected for "use in cells". But it dont work.

And that's the whole problem. The form fields should also use the embedded font.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Rapid2City wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:28 am In the options under view, the correct font is selected for "use in cells". But it dont work.
This has nothing to do with the font, but only how FontCreator shows glyphs in case a font lacks outlines for it.
Rapid2City wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:28 am And that's the whole problem. The form fields should also use the embedded font.
Does it work with other fonts you have?

If not, then it seems like a generic issue with your PDF producer.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology