How to export only new characters

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
akerbeltz

How to export only new characters

Post by akerbeltz »

I'm just trialing FC but with a view to helping expand a fairly large CJK font. I've worked out how to compose a new character for a Unicode code-point that is currently missing but here's my question: if I want to feed this back to the main editor (i.e. the person in charge of the font), how do I export just the new characters so I don't have to send the entire font project every time, plus how would one go about importing just the new characters at the other end? I've searched the Help and the forum but no obvious solutions, sorry if I've missed it.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to export only new characters

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I think the best method would be to use the "Include in Export" feature to export a new font containing just the essential glyphs and the new glyphs. Others could open that in their own font editor, then copy/paste the new glyphs to new glyphs in the original font.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
akerbeltz

Post by akerbeltz »

Ohh that sounds workable, I'll try that, thanks :)
akerbeltz

Post by akerbeltz »

Hm I gave that a try, right-clicked a new character and marked it "Include in Exports > All" and then did "Export As" but that exported the entire font. I then selected all except for the new character and marked them as "Include in Exports > None" and did "Export" but the file only contains the High-Logic logo symbol. What am I doing wrong?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It seems you are running an unlicensed version, which as the popup dialogs also tell you, have some restrictions.

So you do nothing wrong, just some glyphs will contains the High-Logic watermark. The font will export just fine as soon as you provide a valid license.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
akerbeltz

Post by akerbeltz »

Ah I'd forgotten about that - thanks!