Change all the E 's to I's

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
mariarita

Change all the E 's to I's

Post by mariarita »

I have a question: I have developed a font for dance descriptions that consists of 3 parts.

The upper part indicates in capital letter the foot with which you have to do something.

Can I change the E for the Portuguese left (esquerda) for everything in one go to I (izquierda) for the Spanish left or do I have to change each letter separately?

The two other levels for rhythm & movements doesn’t need to change;

I want the Portuguese version convert to the Spanish.

Thanks a lot for your support

Kind regards, Maria-rita
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typos and formatting
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Change all the E 's to I's

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Am I right in thinking that you have used composite glyphs to combine E and I with several different base glyphs?

If I wanted to do that, I would copy the esquerda glyph to the izquierda composite glyph member, and izquierda glyph to the esquerda composite glyph member. Then swap the names.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
mariarita

Post by mariarita »

I don't really understand what you mean. I made a new font with empty cells; there I have for example the E at the top; in the middle little balls for the mat and at the bottom what the foot should do in question: for example
lf.jpg
lf.jpg (1.69 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
for left in front

I made a Portuguese one, so the left is Esquierda: E

i need to make a spanish one , so i need to change all the E 's in I for Isquerda

how do i do it , how do I do that in one go, because letter by letter is again a lot of work

thanks a lot, maria-rita
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Take a look at an existing font like Arial, which has composite glyphs like àèìòù

Open the à glyph, select the grave accent, right-click and open it a new window. Flip the grave accent horizontally to make it look like an acute accent and close the window to see that à now looks like á

Close the glyph edit window to see that àèìòù now all look like áéíóú.

Now think of a workflow that uses a similar process to make editing your own font easier.

Composite glyphs are great when you want to reuse contours in multiple glyphs. Edit one component to modify all composites glyphs that use that component.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486