Batch change of right side bearing dimensions

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
miracle_hoshi

Batch change of right side bearing dimensions

Post by miracle_hoshi »

I just bought the Professional Edition.

I am not familiar with how to use the program yet, so I have a question.

Right side bearing value in Glyph properties is too large.

It is entered around 1500~1700, but I want to adjust this value to 300 for all fonts.

When I try to enter the menu after selecting multiple glyph, I can't select it. How do I make Batch change?

It will take a lot of time to fix this one by one. I need to modify the value of 12,000 glyphs in the future.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Batch change of right side bearing dimensions

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This is how you would do what you ask with the Glyph Transform wizard. Select all of the glyphs first, or none. However, it is unlikely to be correct for all glyphs. Are you making a CJK or symbol font?
Set Bearings.png
Set Bearings.png (12.34 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
Since you have the Professional Edition you can calculate the optimal bearings using Optical Metrics, but you need to create the glyphs first. From your screen shot, you have not created any glyph outlines yet, which is why the right side-bearings are equal to the Advance Width for all glyphs.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Batch change of right side bearing dimensions

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486