How to set multiple formula glyphs to "Use this glyph's metrics"

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
outofstepfontco

How to set multiple formula glyphs to "Use this glyph's metrics"

Post by outofstepfontco »

Hi everyone
I took a look through Search and tutorials but I haven't seen anything along these lines.

For glyphs that are created using Formulas, is there any way to set all of the glyphs to "Use this glyph's metrics" without going into each individual glyph and choosing Glyph Member Properties > Use this glyph's metrics.

SIDE NOTE:
The reason this happens is that applying Glyph Transformer > Effects > BOLD or Thin > Preserve Side Bearings DOES NOT WORK on formula composites. So now I am going through by hand and setting the bearings for each individual formula glyph.
FC12.0 Professional
Erwin Denissen

Re: How to set multiple formula glyphs to "Use this glyph's metrics"

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Things have significantly improved with the release of FontCreator 14, as you can now select multiple glyphs and set the side bearings at once. You can use expressions to link bearings with a base glyph.

For example, use this expression to set the right side-bearing of a composite (Agrave) to the rsb of the base glyph (A):
=rsb(A)

Alternatively if you have set proper anchors, you can enable Auto Attach for the composites.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology