Composite Data Mechanism from Complete Composites script does not fill glyph.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
burpyfresh

Composite Data Mechanism from Complete Composites script does not fill glyph.

Post by burpyfresh »

Hello! Thank you for this wonderful software!

I'm currently trying to get my first CJK font up and running, but I'm having problems getting the Complete Composites script to work, even with the composites listed in the file.

For example, with Range set to "Selected", if I click on the "Agrave" glyph in the list to select it, then go to Tools > Glyph Transformer, and add Complete Composites to the script, then chose "Composite Data" as the mechanism, and then click OK, nothing will appear in Agrave. However, if I leave the mechanism as "Auto" then the glyph will appear as expected. (I have both components of Agrave (A and gravecomb) defined in my font, and I've defined the Mark to Base relationship between them using the Open Type Designer.)

I think I may be missing a step somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I would really like to get this working through the Composite Data mechanism so I can start working putting together Korean syllables.

Thank you!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Composite Data Mechanism from Complete Composites script does not fill glyph.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You are not missing anything. Complete Composites is still broken. Use anchor-based glyph composition.

Other composite glyphs can be created using the manual method: copy two or more glyphs in the overview, open an empty glyph edit window, and paste the composite glyph members.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
burpyfresh

Re: Composite Data Mechanism from Complete Composites script does not fill glyph.

Post by burpyfresh »

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't aware that the feature wasn't working.

The way my font is designed I can just copy and paste the pieces together as you suggested, but as you can imagine with Korean, there are a lot of pieces to put together. Is there a way to automate this?

I've tried adding glyphs using a formula like in the manual, but I'm not able to add a glyph that is a composite that has a Unicode code-point.

For example, in the insert glyphs menu:

"AC00=glyph1+glyph2" creates a glyph with the name "AC00" that has both glyph1 and glyph2 in it that has no code-point.
"uAC00=glyph1+glyph2" creates an empty glyph with the code-point of $AC00.

Is there anyway I can make a composite glyph with a Unicode code-point through this or another method? If so, I think I could generate a list of formulas to add that would let me generate all Korean characters quickly.

Thank you!
burpyfresh

Post by burpyfresh »

Apologies. I found out how to do my last request from another forum post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8409&p=41169&hilit= ... ock#p41169

Thank you!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

burpyfresh wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:48 pm "uAC00=glyph1+glyph2" creates an empty glyph with the code-point of $AC00.
This should work, but is currently broken. We will ensure it is fixed with the next upcoming release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
burpyfresh

Post by burpyfresh »

Hello!

Thanks for letting me know!

I was able to make some extra glyphs and copy them over. I now have a complete Korean font! :)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

That is good to know!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have just released an update which fixes complete composites.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology