Having hard time grouping some fonts

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.

Having hard time grouping some fonts

Post by Ville »

First of all, i love the program. It's easy and robust to use, great stuff!

However, every now and then i run into troubles when trying to group existing fonts. Typically, to the four general categories of Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic. Often i get 3 out of 4 right, but the 4th goes missing. Either i've configured it to be a Regular font, but it shows in the windows 7 font preview as Italic. Or when trying to configure as Italic, but it shows as Regular. And so the 4th font won't display, since it overlaps with an existing font. I can't for the life of me find the problem in the settings, but then again i find the Font Properties divided to 4 tabs being needlessly complex anyways.

I'm running the latest 14.0 Home Version on Windows 7 64-bit. The last font i have problem with is .OTF with "OpenType Layout, Digitally Signed, TrueType Outline". The font family works fine from the get-go, but when i bring it to FontCreator, tweak and export, the problem arises. Rarely, but enough to annoy since i can't seem to fix it.

Does some fonts have residue setting that could cause the problem? Can i, in a way "purge" font (from it's problematic settings) and start from a clean slate? I'm unsure how to choose all the settings for font families, but for the most part i've been succesful. Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Having hard time grouping some fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It seems there is an issue with style Italic. We are looking into it right now and hope to have a solution later today.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Re: Having hard time grouping some fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have just released an update that should fix this bug. Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology