Auto Kerning Feature is there a way to Multi Delete and Undo

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
lforbes

Auto Kerning Feature is there a way to Multi Delete and Undo

Post by lforbes »

Hi,

Newbie here. I haven't found the answer in the PDF manual or in the software. I am using Font Creator 14 Pro latest version.14.0.0.2853

1> With the Auto Kern tool is there a way to "undo" if you mistakenly delete a kern or do you have to re-add it manually? Ctrl-Z doesn't seem to work.
2> Is there a way to select multiple to delete? For example when I Auto Kern it brings in all the glyps with the caps and ~ and I don't want them kerned.
3> Is there a way to "auto kern" WITHOUT replacing all the manual kerning already done? I spent hours manually kerning and then I did an "auto kern" to add the lowercase letters and it deleted all my previous kerning and started from scratch.

Thank you for your time and help.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Auto Kerning Feature is there a way to Multi Delete and Undo

Post by Erwin Denissen »

1) Undo only works after closing the OpenType Designer, so there is no intermediate undo.

2) Not this is not possible right now.

3) Right-click the kern lookup and select Auto Kern. This way the kern algorithm will work on your existing kern pairs.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Auto Kerning Feature is there a way to Multi Delete and Undo

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

To delete multiple kerning pairs, use the code editor.
Edit Pair Adjustments.png
Edit Pair Adjustments.png (32.65 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
To avoid adding kerning pairs in the first place, see the options on the kerning wizard dialog.
Kerning Options.png
Kerning Options.png (38.03 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486