Font crashes LibreOffice when shown in preview

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
indyjoe

Font crashes LibreOffice when shown in preview

Post by indyjoe »

Hi folks,
I've made a few fonts over the years but by no means am I an expert. 10+ years ago I made a symbol font and a few years back I made more but set them up as unicode fonts. Currently an end user is having trouble with the unicode fonts in LibreOffice. When they are shown in the preview when selecting a font, they crash LibreOffice. The symbol font works fine, but isn't displaying/previewing the font name in that font--it is just showing the the default font. Also, the older one that works was exported at .ttf, the newer ones are otf, but I'm not sure that matters.

I can't reproduce the issue and even the newer fonts have been out for 3+ years and no one else has reported an issue. I thought to convert the newer fonts to symbol fonts (and otf), but symbolic is an old standard if I understand correctly so I'd rather not. And even when I tested it just for myself, they still tried to preview so I think the issue would still likely occur.

The work around is to have this person turn off preview of fonts in LibreOffice, but that doesn't sound great. Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance!
Erwin Denissen

Re: Font crashes LibreOffice when shown in preview

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Just make sure you export your fonts with the latest version of FontCreator. That ensures the font meets the highest standard, as it comes with many bug fixes and other improvements. If that doesn't help, then better contact LibreOffice and ask them to look into the issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology