$25 bucks if you can set up my font properly

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main forums on topic! If you have anything else, related to fonts, you want to share, please post it here!
MindGem

$25 bucks if you can set up my font properly

Post by MindGem »

Hey,

I've got Font Creator but I'm pressed for time and also lazy so I have not got around to figuring out how to set up my font so it looks professional when testing it.
What I mean is that the height/width/alignment is probably off. And how to best fix that cap between thinner letters like I and wider letters like the W. Things like that, very simple for you if you've done a bunch of commercial fonts before.

I have the alphabet A-Z ready on induvidual transparent pngs so I guess all I need is for you to just set it up and send it to me.
Anyone willing to help me for $25 smackaroos (Paypal)
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: $25 bucks if you can set up my font properly

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Unless someone else is willing to help you, then you should upgrade to the Professional version if your intention is to produce Commercial fonts.

I don't know what your long-term needs are, but look at the Feature List and decide whether FontCreator meets your needs, or whether you really need FontLab.

The Optical Metrics feature seems to work well, though it is too early to say whether it is perfect or not. I haven't finished my first set of body fonts yet. Erwin has already improved it since the program's release in April to include a choice between Tabular and Proportional figures.

You can see the results of Optical Metrics on different fonts with different settings in this thread.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486