Variation on Commercial Script?

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
Geertje

Variation on Commercial Script?

Post by Geertje »

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this variation on commercial script ( see bottom page http://holy-mall.com/product.php?id_product=78) is a real existing font? :?:
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Variation on Commercial Script?

Post by Dick Pape »

The silver Carrie
CarrieSilver.jpg
CarrieSilver.jpg (11.47 KiB) Viewed 5472 times
looks like Commercial Script to me:
CarrieBold.jpg
CarrieBold.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 5472 times
I used it in MSWord where I mechanically bolded the weight. Swash tail on e is easy -- especially if it's not connected gracefully!
Geertje

Post by Geertje »

It's commercial script, but it's much thicker at the narrow lines then the original. I was wondering if this is done just for the production of the jewelry or if there's a real professional existing Bold*ish* Commercial font somewhere to download? (ít's not really important if it has the swash tail :wink: that's indeed, if needed, easily made :D ) This more bold Commercial script is often used in name jewelry, and i can't imagine every name-jewelry shop has someone to change the original font...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If you have FontCreator Professional, it can make a bolder version with the Glyph Transform Wizard.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Geertje

Post by Geertje »

Thanks, thats great advise! :D