Before You Post

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Before You Post

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Sites like What the Font can be used to find close matches to fonts. You will get better results if you do some preparation on the graphic before uploading it to remove the background, and separate letters in script fonts. IrfanView with its IrfanPaint plugin is great for tasks like this.

I am not singling out anyone here — this image just happens to be from the most recent thread — but an image prepared like this may get better search results on such sites.
Tigers 5.jpg
Tigers 5.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 32935 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Before You Post

Post by Alfred »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Sites like What the Font can be used to find close matches to fonts. You will get better results if you do some preparation on the graphic before uploading it to remove the background, and separate letters in script fonts. IrfanView with its IrfanPaint plugin is great for tasks like this.
What Font is also works well, and it has a built-in image editor:
Tigers_5.png
Tigers_5.png (47.33 KiB) Viewed 32914 times
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken URL
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Before You Post

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Two more good sites for identifying fonts.

- Identifont.com
- Fontid.co
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486