Engraving Font

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
escott4

Engraving Font

Post by escott4 »

What's the best way to find this font? I've tried to edit out the letters so I can use what the font, but it didn't find it and I tried their forums. I'm wondering what the process would be to try to edit it well enough so it does get recognized by a program like that, or if it isn't a font, figure out how to scan it and create one. I would appreciate any advice.
Attachments
_1font.jpg
_1font.jpg (915.41 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Engraving Font

Post by Alfred »

escott4 wrote:I'm wondering what the process would be to try to edit it well enough so it does get recognized by a program like that
I put the image in the centre of a larger canvas in an image editor, and then applied a 'rectangular to polar' distortion followed by a threshold adjustment which allowed me to create the attached, but I haven't been able to track down a good match for it.
Attachments
Engraving-font.jpg
Engraving-font.jpg (35.65 KiB) Viewed 9469 times
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

It's probably special font since it's used on a commercial product (label maker?). Has similar feel to: Gert Wiescher, Wiescher Design, Cacao Fat Swashes.
fgh1.jpg
fgh1.jpg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 9457 times
escott4

Post by escott4 »

I'm making my own font based on this one, and using font creator was pretty easy. I first hand drew the letters, scanned, then cleaned up and made more alterations. This is a vintage engraving font but I think I've made it more readable which will be better for my purposes.
v.muller

Post by v.muller »

Hi,
I tried to transform your image using Polar transformations Plugin for Paint.net By MadJik.

Here is the result.
font.jpg
font.jpg (97.87 KiB) Viewed 7298 times