Need help identifying fonts (obviously)

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
AnxietyDilemma

Need help identifying fonts (obviously)

Post by AnxietyDilemma »

This artwork is from 2001, so it is very old and I am trying to find out what font these are for the purpose of replicating them. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Edit: Sorry, the picture would help I suppose.
Attachments
id fonts.JPG
id fonts.JPG (10.86 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
MikeW

Re: Need help identifying fonts (obviously)

Post by MikeW »

AnxietyDilemma

Post by AnxietyDilemma »

Thanks a lot, I'm glad it was an easier one. I don't want to be a pest but do you know what the font is for the title underneath? I tried to identify it through various sites but am not good at it, all of the "matches" aren't even remotely close.

Thanks,

Jeremy
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Hah. Neither were what I would classify as easy...

https://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=Tap ... ub+Nirvana

At first blush it may not appear the same, but I believe it is. The main issue, I think, is the "bleeding" in the lines that make up the characters at the point size for the graphic used for the sample.

Mike
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

So you will need to distort the type to match the uploaded sample image.

Here's what I get when I squish vertically and stretch horizontally...
capture-002671.png
capture-002671.png (224.42 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
AnxietyDilemma

Post by AnxietyDilemma »

Sorry, I didn't mean to trivialize the amount of effort put into it, I was just surprised to see how quickly an answer was given, thanks a lot for the help and the effort, I got exactly what I needed.

Thanks again,

Jeremy
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

I didn't think you were trivializing the effort! It was my poor attempt at levity.

BTW, about the font for the second identification. It is a horribly made font. One can see through areas in my magenta version where it overlays the bitmap. The font as used for the bitmap was/is the unfixed version.

When I opened it in FC, there were many issues, one of which has many of the parts that look like holes with the paths running the wrong direction so they appear as solid. I fixed the copy I used as the designer actually intended.

Best regards, Mike